Thursday, January 20, 2011

I bought a bike


They are only four words but tremendously fun to say. In fact, in the past 24 hours, I haven't a clue how many times I've said them - out loud and to myself. I've gone and done it. After years and years of telling myself and others, I was finally able to confront the unknown and bite the bullet.

My new bike is a cyclocross - a 2010 GT GTR Type CX bike to be exact, although I admit that aside from telling you that I loved the way it felt to cruise up and down the parking lot and that it is basically blue with white tires and handle, I can't give much else in terms of detail. In fact, one of the biggest reasons I haven't bought one before now is just because I was afraid. Every year or so I'd walk into a bike store, get completely psyched out just looking a the types of bikes and admitting to the very friendly knowledgeable staff that I was 100% clueless. My Christmas present forced me to go in and actually talk to someone, and you know what? The guy was nice. And helpful. And we talked, and I asked questions, and I rode a couple of bikes, and I bought the one I wanted.

And so, the rest of this blog, is going to be for me to chronicle my new relationship with the bike and how I work this year to reclaim my life.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Let's ride bikes together when it gets warmer :) I love my bike!!

    ReplyDelete