Sunday, January 30, 2011

Treadmill

I went over to use my sister's treadmill today while my daughter was at one of her many practices. After dropping her off and picking up coffee at the store, I had exactly 25 minutes to get moving. My plan was to alternate between walking and running for short intervals as a delicate way of asking my heart to play along in this new game of exercise. I took a couple of minutes to walk and prepare myself, but once I started jogging it wasn't so bad. In fact, while I had at different moments in the short period bursts of wonder related to my knee and my hip, my lungs and my heart seemed somewhat copacetic. I certainly didn't set any records, but I did find that instead of needing to walk as much as I'd thought, I was able to run consistently for a mile once I started. Hopefully I'll make it over either fairly often in order to set some goals and track my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment