Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Ologists

My appointments were all really good today! I left the final of three wondering how many people out there like their doctors personally as much as I do. The important one here was that the obgyn really doesn't think this is caused by endo, and the orthopedist (okay, so he's not an ologist...) doesn't either. I'm not sure this is good or bad since he has basically prescribed the same treatment that I tried years ago without success, but we'll see and after four weeks if the PT doesn't produce good results we'll reassess. The biggest thing he said was that he wasn't restricting me from exercise at this point. So, if I can brainstorm something to do that won't hurt my foot, I'm good to go.

3 comments:

  1. Spinning! Worth a try? Is it the front of your hip that hurts or the side? The round-round motion of pedaling might be fine or it might hurt, but it won't hurt to give it a try?

    I've been to 6 or 7 classes now and am hooked. Of course, just a few more weeks and you can get out there on your REAL bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the front and the side oddly enough. The front hurts when I move/stand/etc., and the side hurts when I lie down. I start PT on the 1st so we'll see how that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUMMER. I hope it does help. My hip has hurt too, but stopped on its own after a few days. I think I was just trying to do too much day after day. It was the side that hurt, and I think a muscle just got tired and said, "Hey, YOU."

    ReplyDelete