Friday, March 30, 2012

Good Things Come in Threes

The latest on my physical fitness roller coaster of life has been THREE moments of awesomeness.

#1 - Last night was the 6th grade vs. staff basketball game, and not only did I play for the first time in a few years, but I wasn't completely dying while doing it. My clumsiness even balanced out with four points for the teachers and three fouls against kids. Yes. Whatever. They are fast and little and play between six and eight at a time. We could look at it like it's a miracle that I didn't cause major damage to any of us.

#2 - I have been spending a lot of time looking at Virginia races this week. My slow-paced half marathon has given me ridiculous amounts of can-do attitude and today I registered for the Jamestown International Triathlon on July 1st. It will be 1500 meters in the river followed by 40K on the bike and then a 10K run. My excitement was only slightly crushed when I submitted my payment and finalized the registration. Here I was making a HUGE commitment, and all I got in return was a page that read, "Thanks for your Order" in tiny font. Really?! I guess congratulatory fireworks may be too much for some people - especially chronically fit mega-endurance types, but for someone like me, just signing up kind of feels like I need a fancy beverage to celebrate.

#3 - My favorite Swim Bike Mom mentioned ME in her post today. I feel famous! This proves what I've said before - that she is awesome, and that there is a good reason everyone should like her. Plus, she alone is responsible for #2 having suggested I consider triathlon in the first place. Nevermind that she suggests that to EVERYONE. I thought it was great advice.



No comments:

Post a Comment