Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pink N Green

Wow, so there's been lots of positive feedback in support of the current blog style. Thanks so much for taking the time to say something. When I took a look at the new idea on my iPad and realized that it was nothing like what it looked like on the laptop, I was reminded of how little I know and how little time I have to really spend in order to figure it all out. As it is, I start feeling guilty when a full week passes and I haven't even written a post. Most of that is finding time, some of that is feeling like it's hard to spice up the redundancy of "I ran on the treadmill today", and a some of it is that I start to feel disconnected - like if I don't write, it could be interpreted as though I don't love all of you, and of course I do, or you'll think I've given up or have stopped moving, and of course I haven't, and on top of all that, I want you to keep reading and giving me words of wisdom and advice because it is really just so good for me.

Whenever anyone asks me what has helped me the most this year, my response for the most part has been, "well see, I write this silly little blog." I was sort of shy about it at first because I felt a bit premature in assuming that anyone would be interested in my personal goals, and I will never forget the day several years ago that a co-worker of mine said in the staff lounge, "Eh, blogs. Everybody thinks they're so damn important."

But over the past few months, I have gotten to the point that I just blurt out "the best thing for me by far has been writing a blog." For anyone out there who wants to make some big changes in their lives, I can't think of better advice to give than to start sharing your thoughts, feelings, ups and downs publicly. You might find, as I have, that you are important, that you are worth making the big changes, and that there are lots of people who will be eager to support you.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Holly for your comment! I am excited to follow your blog as a fellow school counselor who wants to make some changes in the area of self care! Yay for blogging!!!! www.schoolcounselorontherun.com

    ReplyDelete