Wednesday, July 20, 2011

No More Complaining

Who knew the magnets would be so popular?! So excited to think about them out and about in the world. You all rock. As for the mantra - imagine my delight when I came out and found Justin in MY t-shirt! Maybe I'll order him one in blue... maybe. He looks pretty good in it as is.


After my last post several of you told me that I was being too hard on myself and to take the time to heal and be happy that I'm having such a good year. Very sweet and appreciated comments all of them.

Baillie lovingly told me to suck it up because I'd only hurt one joint and to find something else to do. She had a good point.

SOOOOOO.... today I decided that I was going to take some time for my knee to heal, AND I grabbed the pull buoy at the pool and dragged my legs TWO MILES through the water. Who knows what my arms will feel like tomorrow. Frankly, who cares?! After my swim, I crashed on a pool chair and slept for an hour in the shade. Now I feel awesome, so I'll just deal with tomorrow when it comes.

Speaking of tomorrow, I have an appointment with my orthopedist to get his advice on the knee. Cross fingers. The 5K this Saturday is looking pretty slow, which is fine, but I REALLY want to do the triathlon on the 7th. As for other events, my event calendar is pretty open from September through November. If you're thinking of signing up for anything and want a companion, definitely mention it to me.

That is, on the condition that you're a reasonable type of person who isn't going to ask me to run a marathon or anything crazy like that. Sheesh.

3 comments:

  1. wow - 2 miles? how many laps is that? Saw you sleeping in the lounge chair, you looked very content. I myself swam 10 laps, not much but it's something! Might want to buy a shirt from you to give to my patient who needs extra motivation. Alina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, it was 64 laps (128 lengths)! Next time we need to coordinate and swim together. :-) Definitely let me know about the t-shirt and the size. I was just about to order some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Great swim. And, Tshirt please! Adult medium or large, depending. Probably large, esp if they shrink. More info on fb message...

    ReplyDelete