Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Do it again!

Guess what?! I signed up for another triathlon! The same group (Tri It Now) that hosted the sprint triathlon on Sunday is hosting another one in just a couple of weeks, and I just registered. The distances are even shorter - 400yd swim, 8mi bike, and 1.8mi run. I really enjoyed the experience of the triathlon and have two obvious goals for this next one. #1 - I need to fight for a faster swim time by being more assertive in the pool, and #2 - I really want to improve the run. Since this run is so short and the bike shouldn't require as much, I am going to try my hardest to improve in that area.

Since trying to go easy on my knee and the onset of my cold last week, I've been slowing down in my overall weekly exercise. I foolishly went to zumba last night and have wretched my knee all over again (this morning I bought new shoes that will hopefully fix the problem. I've been going in my running shoes, and I know that they are designed for going forwards rather than twisting and turning all over the place). No more zumba for me until the shoes arrive. Until then I will stick to the morning runs, evening swims, and weekend rides. The Crystal City Twilighter 5K is in a week and a half - mid way between the triathlons - so for now, I need to get back into my morning run routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment