Monday, July 18, 2011

Empty Update: Immobile Mama

As I mentioned before, I hurt my knee again at zumba last week and have still yet to feel like I can exercise with it. Even though it will only be one week tomorrow, I am slothing around the house in a funk and rampaging the kitchen. I wish I had this awesome post to put up today about how great everything is going and how I had an amazing bike ride followed by a killer run, but I confess I'm hanging in the drudgery of slackerville and starting to wallow. Does this happen to any of you?

Over the weekend my husband and I attended the adult party at our neighborhood pool. We haven't been able to go before due to scheduling conflicts, and I was pretty excited after hearing so much about it year after year from friends. It was fun - I don't know that it was $115 fun (tickets and babysitter) - but we had a good time. During the evening a friend told us about his frustrating workout pattern that equated to starting all over again everytime he missed a few weeks. Whether it was family emergencies, vacation, business or the like, if he was pulled off his routine within two or three weeks he felt like he was back at the beginning and starting all over again. My run portion of the triathlon was exactly like that. Given my cold and my knee, I'd already sloughed off several of my morning workouts. Now with another week down (minus the tri itself and the zumba class), I'm starting to really worry about the 5K this Saturday. I don't mean worry as in, "oh no, maybe I won't get my best time," but really just worry like, "oh crap, this is going to feel really junky again."

Ho hum.

I do have one fun thing to share though. My magnets have arrived! Soooooooooo.... If you're ever lucky enough to be driving behind my car, here's the view:


Let me know if you're desperate to have one.

1 comment:

  1. I know why I couldnt leave a comment: I was signed in as Chad! So, third attempt, shortest version... GOOD work, getting up and trying again is to be celebrated, and, Tshirt please! See next. :)

    ReplyDelete