Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dialogue

So I'm pretty sure that I overheard a conversation like this this morning:

Body: "What have you done to me?"
Brain: "Uh... I think that's lactic acid."
Body: "But, WHY did you do this?"
Brain: "Uh... it was supposed to be a good idea."
Body: "But, clearly, ouch, ooch, eech, it was NOT a good idea."
Brain: "Um. But, it will get better every time."
Body: "You mean you plan do to this to me again?!"
Brain: "You... c'mon body, you're supposed to enjoy this. I'm focusing on YOU for a change."
Body: "Yeah well, go back to reading and leave me the heck alone. I can't move today."

That little 5K on Sunday apparently asked just a wee bit more of my muscles and bones than they were quite ready to give. Now I can add that in addition to my slow pace, my tight and crampy muscles are giving me plenty of baseline evidence. Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. woohoo!! soreness is good - means you did something to challenge your muscles! don't worry, every time I take a hiatus from running and I try to do more than I'm ready for I feel exactly the same. the trick is to try to run frequently enough that it doesn't feel that way every time. twice a week for 30-40 minutes works for me. Love the conversation between the brain and body - hilarious!!!! "Go back to reading . . . " I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need a nice warm soak in a relaxing bath tub!

    ReplyDelete