Saturday, December 31, 2011

NYE

I have 19 minutes to write this and still have it post in December 2011. Oh bless. 18 minutes. So anyway, resolutions freak me out. They always have. Mostly I think it is because I have very limited will power, but I'm sure it also involves commitment and overanalyzation. Anyhoo... I wasn't going to write at all today, and I certainly wasn't going to lay out on the line any amazing triumphs or life changes that I'm hoping for or promising. Just thinking about making an official resolution, it's like I'm a freight train.... no, like I'm the front seat on the rickety old Rebel Yell - just about to crest the peak and zoom down, sounding like I might jump track or spontaneously crack at any moment. The necessary objective is of course not to make myself sick.

I started all of this business last January with my bicycle Christmas present and the hope of getting myself off the couch. It wasn't a resolution, and I didn't start until a few weeks into January, but reading back through my posts and looking over my events page, it's definitely satisfying to see how far I've come in the last year. I have hope that 2012 fills me with similar moments of happiness, that it helps me to connect with old friends and make new ones, that I find myself talking about exercise, making plans, setting goals, and living my life more fully. More than anything else, I feel as though that has been my crowning achievement this year. If there is only one life to live here on earth, I want to confidently grasp opportunties as they are presented. Hesitation, excuses, anxiety, and avoidance are all hinderances and self-imposed limitations. I am sick of them.

If you are sick of them too, or if you've already left them in the dust years ago, I invite you to continue this journey with me into 2012 so that we can live fully - live LOUD - together.

No comments:

Post a Comment