Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Not Just a River in Egypt

You may have noticed I've been sort of quiet lately. There is the possibility that you've sat at your computer wondering why I haven't been posting very often. Perhaps you've come to the conclusion that I am so busy working out, that it is getting harder and harder to squeeze in a regular blog post. I love you for these thoughts. In my own eyes-looking-up-and-to-the-left sort of way as I seek an excuse that aligns with your assumptions, I love you. Thanks. Bunches.

The hard reality is that I am in desperate need of cruising through the winter solstice and gaining precious moments of daylight again. I've been quiet because I haven't wanted to be taken to task about my wimpy workouts or my sucky dietary choices (mostly just crap with a few vegetables thrown in here and there to make me feel better about what I'm inhaling). Yes... wimpy and sucky. Both.

Denial (also called abnegation) is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. --- Thank you All-Knowing Wikipedia

A.B.N.E.G.A.T.I.O.N. - That's me.

Awareness is crucial at this point. I'm sure I pushed myself into this state. There should have been a WARNING label.
Caution! Registering to run 13.1 CONSECUTIVE miles may trigger natural defense mechanisms in the form of binge eating and a significant reduction in overall activity level.

You could do us both a favor by saving me from myself. Think of it. Next time you're wondering where I am or what I'm doing... just ask. Hold me accountable. I'm begging you.




No comments:

Post a Comment