Monday, April 29, 2013

The Scope Guy

I had an appointment today with my friendly, family orthopedist, Dr. Z. He has treated three of the four members of my family on multiple occasions - all for general klutziness. Everything started out alright. He asked about "the baby", and I explained that he was a wild and crazy string bean these days; he said I looked good (always get bonus points for that!), and I told him about the running and general adherence to exercise; and then he pulled up my MRI.

Dr. Z's tone changed slightly and after scrolling a bit through the images chose to poke, prod and twist my hip and leg to determine the severity of the "ouch." Fortunately there wasn't too much. Like running, the poking, prodding and twisting doesn't actually hurt that badly. I just can't sleep later, or cross my legs, or drive a car for long distances... After the assessment, he went back over to the images and explained that yes, I have the labrum tear, but I also have a cyst, which is most likely caused by the tear and is partly responsible for the pain.

So he is sending me to "The Scope Guy" in the practice to talk about what needs to be done. My appointment is May 23rd.

Signature Fonts

No comments:

Post a Comment