Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happiness

My house is a wreck. The car is disgusting. There are toys and finger prints in every direction that I look, and when asked about future home projects, the list of things that I need and want can be rattled off like a machine gun. But today, I'm happy. Like... really, REALLY happy. Alone in my house with a smile on my face happy. I don't have amazing news to share. Didn't win the lottery... no exciting life changes to announce... I'm just... happy.

My day in review at this point includes:

Making it through two doctor appointments, Target, and a 4 yr-old birthday party without one major tantrum from my son.

The scale at the doctors office telling me that I have gained 9 lbs in the past week since I finished my elimination diet (to which I didn't have any obvious symptom relief and have rebounded by welcoming too much coffee, wine, and chocolate into my hands). I checked this with my scale at home. Neither are exaggerating. Whoops.

Being surrounded, and thus confronted, by mirrors at the birthday party and realizing that I hate my long hair again and should cut it.

Hearing my son tell me that he "is going to go get a new Mommy." After asking him for details on that idea, I now understand that new mommies can be found "at the Mommy station. That is where they are." Apparently he'll be looking for one with black hair. I hope she's nice.

But...

It is gorgeous outside and that always makes things good.

I got to see a friend today and made a new one.

My husband and daughter are spending the day together in DC visiting the Jefferson Memorial (she just finished a school project on TJ, and he is finishing a biography that I gave him for Christmas), the Building Museum, the Capital, and who knows what else.

AND

I feel healthy.

I have energy to tackle the mess of the house.

I have people in my life that are fun, kind, compassionate, understanding, motivating, and share similar interests as i do.

The half marathon was last weekend, and it rocked. I can't wait to do another one. Tomorrow our wonderfully amazing babysitter is coming over again so we can get it another long run - JUST FOR FUN. I've registered for more events this year, and I am very lucky to have great friends who want to join me.



What makes YOU happy today?????







Signature Fonts

No comments:

Post a Comment