Friday, May 20, 2011

Every Step

This morning was my second day in a row of a pretty slow and crappy run, but I feel much better about it this week than I did last week. Yesterday morning I decided that my new mantra will be, "Every step is a good step." Yes I'm slow, and yes, sometimes I walk for a while, but every step is one more step than I was taking last year at this time and is at least moving me in the right direction. The new wake up time has actually become routine, and I look forward to greeting the morning on my own.

More of my friends from work are focusing their lives this year towards getting healthier, and together it is really nice to feel a sort of team-like camaraderie as we share our ups and downs, successes and frustrations. I shared my mantra with a few people today, and a couple of them smiled like it was just what they needed to hear at that moment. Maybe I'll make a t-shirt. : )

1 comment:

  1. I'll buy a shirt! You've just motivated me to get up tomorrow and try a run myself.

    ReplyDelete